Friday, October 9, 2009

Freudian

So I did this little doodle in a meeting while I was bored some weeks back. In case you can't read it (is my handwriting really that bad?), the text on the right reads: Stick Ninja Fight, Stick Ninja Friends and Stick Ninja Fangirls. The text in the bubble on the left reads: Stick Ninja Shuriken (I think...) and is what happens when you slide your doodles over to your friends in meetings where they are equally bored.

Anyway, I was pretty pleased with it because it was cute and properly expressed my love for ninjas and stick figures. (A love which stems from general bad-assery and xkcd)
Which is why I'm somewhat distressed that another friend upon looking at this post it happily proclaimed the stick ninjas were gay. With each other.

Dear lord. I hadn't thought of it that way at all.

What gets me isn't that the stick ninja might be gay but that without meaning to, I created a 3-panel sequence which perfectly captures the typical formula of a yaoi fangirl's dream-pair relationship. There's the hate/disagreement which is what usually kicks these relationships off. There's the eventual friendship/respect. And then there's the hordes of rabid fangirls who read something into the relationship whether it's there or not and brand a couple gay forever in the annals of yaoi fangirl moe.

Worse and worse, stick ninja 2 is staring at stick ninja 1's crotch in the last panel. I swear the pen slipped is all.

This is all ridiculously Freudian and I shall no doubt need to re-evaluate me subconsciousness and the messages it sends me.

On a side note, I hate the SasuNaru pairing. It makes no sense to me at all. Mainly because Sasuke is possibly the most "whiny little girl with a y-chromosome" ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment